For sale | 1.008 m2 | 443m2 of garden | 3 storey Mansion | 7 bedrooms | guest house | garden | pool | 1.100.000,00€
19th century mansion, two floors, the lower one lined with small monochrome rectangular ceramic tiles, the upper regularly paced by French doors with slightly protruding balconies, supported on the dividing frieze of the floors; arched lintels over the French doors on the main floor. Integrated into the urbanization, flanked by two-storey buildings, with the main façade opening onto the street, the rear façade onto the garden. Rua de Santos e Silva (so-named from 1890 onwards) is still known by the former toponym Rua Grande; it was the main passage through the village, connecting the two parish churches that still exist, São Vicente and São João Baptista. Arquitecto / Construtor / Autor ARQUITECTO: Raul Lino (atr., séc. 20). ARQUITECTO PAISAGISTA: Gonçalo Ribeiro Telles (séc. 20). SERRALHEIRO: José Maria Pires (séc. 20) Abrantes Located on a hillside next to the Tagus River, the city of Abrantes has always been an important place in terms of military strategy, since from its highest point it is possible to appreciate a vast panorama that covers a large part of the Tagus River, and extends across the Beira Baixa, Ribatejo and Alentejo. It was precisely on this site that the Moors built a castle, which was conquered by D. Afonso Henriques, 1st King of Portugal, and donated to the Religious and Military Order of Santiago de Espada for defense and settlement. In the 19th century, this region was invaded by Napoleonic troops who looted it and settled here, staying for about four years, until they were expelled 4 years later, in a fight that had the heroic participation of the population and the help of British troops. Nowadays, Abrantes is a quiet town, where it is advisable to take a walk through the streets of white houses that were once considered the most flowery in the country.
Type of Property: